"Bludgeoning hard times with a rolling pin"

"Bludgeoning hard times with a rolling pin"

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Not worth my time? So says Convenience.
















The Mertz Log Cabin at Faust Park, Chesterfield, Missouri


I wrote the other day about how Worry paralyzes me from doing what is necessary. Let me introduce you to my other frenemy, Convenience.

Convenience says, "Kris, it's not worth your time to bake bread and mix your own orange juice." It continues, "Just pick up a loaf at the store and while you're there, grab one of those gallon jugs of orange drink, too."

Stop it, Convenience. Stop it, right now!

I see you giggling with Worry behind my back. You two are like mean girls gushing over my new sweater before glancing eye rolls at each other. I'm onto you guys.

At best Worry and Convenience are enablers. At worst, they are saboteurs. Oh yeah, those days are over. I must find new, like-minded pals.

I am learning that the spare change saved from domestic activities such as cooking from scratch add up. And, money saved is actually better than money earned because you don't have to pay taxes on it.

Implementing even more do-it-myself projects should really ca-ching" into some major dough (I regret the pun).

Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment