"Bludgeoning hard times with a rolling pin"

"Bludgeoning hard times with a rolling pin"

Friday, October 8, 2010

I have acknowledged my nemesis. His name is Worry.










"No, Worry, No!" (Imagine a horror movie scream)

The economy recently lost 95,000 jobs because of government layoffs. The business news channels on television report each twitch which may affect stock portfolios.

Someone's thumb slipped and the backsides of everyone's investments are bloody from all the downhill skidding. The market's up. The market's down.

Are you on the edge of your seat?

My lookie-loo nature is tempted every time I sign in to my e-mail account. The search engine constantly refreshes the Dow Jones green arrow up or red arrow down. I suspect the down arrow appears more often, but I don't know really. It's kind of like approaching a traffic light. You don't know if it will be red or green. Whichever it is, that's reality and we must accept it.

I've had it. I'm done trying to outguess the economy's next turn. All this suspense is not useful. It is not convenient. It is not joyful. It is actually hindering efficiency.

I've been hovering over the news like a new parent next to a baby monitor. Why be on worry-alert status? What a waste of time. I don't even "play" the market. There isn't a thing I can do to help the world economy.

Of course, we all can try to drum up business ourselves, make responsible purchases and hire when we are able. Maybe invent something. But that's about it.

Worrying about something so far beyond our control impedes are ability to make individual progress. Yes, teeny-tiny progress. But homemade bread in the freezer is something.

I'm sure that if a catastrophe occurs, I'll find out. Waiting for it to happen is a real downer and fairly morbid.

It's time to be joyful and BUSY. If something earth-shattering does happen, it is best to be prepared. When a tornado approaches, you don't run outside to watch. You hope you've prepared well and take cover.

The watching is over. The worrying is over.

How about you?

Happy. Happy. Happy. Busy. Busy. Busy.

Graphics provided by Designed To a T. (Thank you).

No comments:

Post a Comment