"Bludgeoning hard times with a rolling pin"

"Bludgeoning hard times with a rolling pin"

Monday, August 23, 2010

Then we considered breakfast

Hubby and I stumbled across this rustic log cabin a few days ago. Look! It’s for sale, too. The sign out front read, “Bed and Breakfast.” Oh my goodness. Pinch me.

The dreaming began…

Oh, I know. I know! “How about we run our own bed and breakfast?” I said.

Just saying it aloud gave value to the statement. We started talking seriously. Logistically. Realistically.

Pro: I love to bake and get gooey over hospitality.

Pro: Hubby is great at handyman fix-it-up things and troubleshooting.

Pro: The cabin is near Historic Main Street, a hopping tourist destination.

But…

As we drove further from the property, we were forced to own up. We live a few cities away from this place. We would have to wake up excruciatingly early to make breakfast and then drive it all the way over there. Truthfully? Breakfast isn’t our thing. (I’m eating a toaster pastry at this very moment).

We laughed how we most likely would hurriedly buy our guests value meal breakfasts from some drive-through during commute. We giggled about the misfortune of overnighters enduring breakfast from the likes of us.

Running a bed and breakfast would not be a good idea at all, we decided. It would be disaster, heartache and probably bankruptcy waiting to happen.

Now, opening a bakery, on the other hand…

No comments:

Post a Comment