"Bludgeoning hard times with a rolling pin"

"Bludgeoning hard times with a rolling pin"

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pork spareribs supper with carrots and rice

Honey baked pork spareribs were a hit the other night at our house. I purchased the meat for 1.49/lb at a local grocery store (not big-box).

Here’s the recipe:

Honey Baked Pork Spareribs

2 pounds pork spareribs
garlic powder
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/8 cup soy sauce
salt and pepper

Cut spareribs into manageable serving-size pieces and place into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Salt and pepper the meat. Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for an hour.

Heat honey, vinegar, soy sauce and some garlic powder in a saucepan until boiling. Discard the liquid from the sparerib pan.

Spoon the honey mixture over the spareribs. Turn the oven up to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for another 20 to 30 minutes. Baste with juices. Serve with some bbq sauce.

White rice and brown sugared carrots go well with these ribs.

Brown sugared carrots
Place one pound of baby carrots into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with water and microwave for 15 minutes. Drain the water and melt some butter over the carrots. Add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar into buttered carrots, creating a caramel sauce.

What have you been serving at your house??

**This recipe was posted on the Two for Tuesday Recipe Blog Hop. Check it out!!**


4 comments:

  1. Pork spareribs are a favorite around here - I have not used honey before - I will be giving this a try! Thanks for linking to Two for Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove me some ribs! I would love to sit down to this tasty dinner! Thanks for sharing it w/ Two for Tuesdays this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krissy kris! Good to SEE you! I was just saying to my sister, who loves to make ribs, that I love WHEN she makes ribs because I get to eat them. I really should just challenge myself and make them! Thanks for linking to the Two for Tuesday Recipe Blog Hop and please visit me to enter my giveaway of a Real Food for Rookies Class! http://bit.ly/dwfvMj :) Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only down side to ribs, as I see it, is that there are so few of them per pig. Same with bacon. Thanks for linking up with Two for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete